13.4.16

The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones

I thought this book (the first in The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare) wass a beautiful story and wonderfully written. I feel like I really enjoyed getting to know the characters and feel so attached to them!! 😍😍


Clary thinks she's just like everyone else. But her mother has been hiding something from her all her life. All the legends of demons, warlocks, vampires and werewolves are true. I won't spoil the story but there are also Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters kill demons and are supposed to protect humans. They call human beings "mundanes."

After the first couple of chapters, I really got into the story and I'll admit: I fell for Jace. *sighing deeply* 
This book has so many moments that made my mouth gape. This is an excitable, thrilling read and I can't wait to read the next book in the series!!!! 
BUT BEWARE OF THE LAST PART: THERE ARE PLOT TWISTS AND BETRAYAL 😭😭 *insert fangirl emoji here*

The book has also been turned into a film but the storyline is not exactly the same. Personally, I think the book was better but it was nice to actually see the characters and the story come to life too.

Click here to view the book on Amazon.
You can watch the film trailer here:

 
Excuse me while I go and read the rest of the series and look out because you may see pictures of the books in some of my blog posts 😉 

 photo buttons_zps9ozdluil.png

9 comments:

  1. I love this book!!! xxxx Great review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo glad you liked the review and that you love the book too!!! xxx
      I've ordered the rest of the series and can't wait for the books to arrive!! 👌🏽💃🏽

      Delete
  2. I've read this book, but it didn't really make an impact on me... well, I'm glad to see it did on you! Nice review anyways!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much for your nice comment! I really appreciate it. I would love to know what books you've enjoyed reading too!! 😘💕

      Delete
  3. Hi Laila! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Ooh, that one called Girl Online grabbed my attention! I'll check it out. Thanks for your book recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to read this (I know, I'm about 70 years late to the party!) but some of my best friends are obsessed with the series so I've said I'll read it soon! I am quite looking forward to it, if only so I know what everyone's going on about when they cry "JACE! JACE!" XD

    PS Thanks for visiting Ink, Inc.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I'm SO glad you like this book!! AND THAT COVER IS SO VERY PRETTY. That's the UK cover right?! Eeeep, I love it. :') I read these a few years back but I have such endless adoration for them. Jace's sass gives me life. And Simon. SIMON THE PRECIOUS DORK. I think the books just get better and better as they go along too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally hated the movie. Have you seen the TV series? It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I wanted to. I atched the first couple of episodes of the TV series. It helps if you've ead the books as some of the characters e.g. Camille come later in the books but are introducd in the TV series quite quickly. The books are always better :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!! Feel free to browse around and explore xx ❤️❤️
I hope you enjoyed this little post. I solemnly swear to read every comment. ❤️



♥️ Back to Top ♥️