Thursday, 20 July 2017

Cake Flavoured Books Tag

I'm doing the #CakeFlavouredBooks tag. I saw Cait do this tag on her blog Paper Fury and loved it so I wanted to give it a go (by the way if you love reading and all things book related you should definitely check her blog out. Her posts always make me smile and she uses brilliant gifs!) This is not sponsored by the way. The last cake flavour is my own because I felt that I wanted to include a book that haven't read yet too.

1. Chocolate Cake (A dark book you absolutely love)
Forget me never by Gina Blaxill
The police say it's suicide...
I love this book because it keeps you guessing and there's a sense of danger. I don't usually read too many dark books but this is one book about a death and is really engaging. It's not too dark and I first read it after meeting the author.


2. Vanilla Cake (A light read)
Girl Online by Zoë Sugg
This is a very cosy read and is about a girl called Penny visiting New York. She has a secret but so does somebody else...
I would also recommend The potion diaries by Amy Alward or Geek Girl by Holly Smale as light reads.


3. Red Velvet (A book that gave you mixed emotions)
Me before you by Jojo Moyes
Mmm...red velvet. 
Me before you is a very heart-warming story full of emotion. Have some tissues nearby just in case.


4. Cheesecake (A book you would recommend to anyone)
Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell
I don't think there's one book that EVERYONE will love. This book has a sense of mystery, emotion and danger. There is love and there is sadness.


5. Coffee Cake (A book you started but never finished)
To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
Such a classic! I started this last year but never finished it. I should start over and read it all. It is an interesting read but I started Jane Eyre and never got back to it.


6. Carrot Cake (A book with great writing)
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
I think this is really well-written and has a great storyline.


7. Tiramisu (A book that left you wanting more)
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The hunger games by Suzanne Collins
Thrilling and action-packed adventures with emotion. The ending leaves you wanting to know what happens next and how everything has changed.


8. Cupcakes (A series with 4+ books)
Harry Potter books by JK Rowling
Shadowhunter books by Cassandra Clare
These are packed with plot-twists, emotion, memories and the stories are detailed. We get to know all the characters so well.


9. Fruit Cake (a book that wasn't what you anticipated)
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
I did not expect the gothic elements that Brontë has in her book but I think it makes the book engaging and adds a sense of mystery.


10. Chocolate Oreo Cake (a book that you haven't read but want to)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
I haven't read this yet but it looks interesting and full of action and adventure. If you've read it let me know what you thought in the comments.


If you want to see other books people have chosen for any of the above titles you can find more here: #bookstagram. If you love reading and cake why not have a go at this tag yourself? Feel free to give it a go and mention the bookstagram hashtag. Do you read often? Is there a book that you really love or want to read?

I'm going away in a couple of days for a month so will not be posting so often. I'll be back for September on here but may still use Instagram and Twitter.


 photo buttons_zps9ozdluil.png

18 comments:

  1. I've read several of these books so good choices there. The others definitely sound intriguing too.
    Sunset Desires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Girl Online, it's so cozy! Also to kill a mockingbird is on my reading list in school, hope I'll like it. :)

    Stella xx
    http://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will! The language can seem very old-fashioned but I hope you enjoy it ❤️

      Delete
  3. Oh I loved TKAM! It's been like 6+ years since I read it though, so I'd like to reread. :') Still unsure if I want to read Go Set A Watchman though.😂 And YES! So much wanting more when it comes to Shadowhunter books. Also that Hogwarts map photo is super gorgeous.😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! Yes. Shadowhunter and Harry Potter in one post. 😍

      Delete
  4. Wow this post is really brilliant! The books are great and I know some of it :) Would love to read the other books especially Forget Me Never and Me Before You. I love mysteries and romantic book genre ahhh! so excited to read them :) Thanks for sharing!

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! Check them out and I hope you enjoy reading them! 🤞🏽

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see you blogging again! I have missed you dearly and I believe we both MUST have a good taste in books as I would rate the ShadowHunter Series and the Harry Potter series as the best type of cupcakes ever! Although...for Red Velvet I personally would list the cake as the most favoured book you've ever read because Red Velvet is my favorite type of cake.😋😋

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so lovely! Omg yes yes yes. You know your good books and cake flavours 🎂

      Delete
  6. Love the post!

    curlyjosephine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I think it's a great light read for when you want to read something to make you smile, that's packed with cute things like fairy lights and love. It depends what mood you're in and what kind of book you want to read 👍🏽

      Delete
  8. I LOVED Me Before You! It definitely gave me mixed emotions, there were points where I laughed out loud and points where I sobbed my eyes out! <3 loved this post! xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Late reply but will be back to normal and posting again from the 20th August. Glad you liked the post! Me before you was heart-breaking but made me smile and laugh too. I don't usually cry a lot but I did shed a tear for THAT book *casually mentioning that Clockwork Princess was emotional for me too* 📖😍

      Delete
  9. Jane Eyre...such a beautiful book! I loved that and the movie as well!
    xx Elisa
    Francine's Place | DIY & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good classic book! I've watched the movie too and it keeps in touch with the book a lot. We did Jane Eyre for our GCSEs so I really got to learn a lot about Charlotte Brontë and the time 🔥❄️

      Delete

Thanks for reading!! Feel free to browse around and explore xx ❤️❤️
I hope you enjoyed this little post. I solemnly swear to read every comment. ❤️



♥️ Back to Top ♥️